Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hi my name is Krystal and I'm an addict

Last Saturday was the Kirtland Stake Women's Conference. I don't think I've ever been to a stake women's conference before and decided to try it out. I didn't know what to expect and luckily 3 other girls in the ward came with me. I probably wouldn't have gone otherwise, let's be honest. So the theme was families, nothing out of the ordinary there. Everything in the Church is about families right?

Yup.

So they had a lady give a presentation. Her name is Melinda Cummings Cameron, her dad was this guy

Bob Cummings. He was an actor in the 50's-70's and had his own prime time tv show. He's also in a Hitchcock film Andrew and I recently Netflixed Saboteur. (I fell asleep halfway through, it was that great)

Anywho, the conference was all about finding stories of your ancestors. After the presentation we got to choose different breakout sessions. One was to get signed up for the Church geneology website so I did that. I've never really been too into family history but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Was it a good idea you may ask?

I'm addicted. Fully addicted. Who would have thought that I would be addicted to family history? Not I. But alas, here we are, my name is Krystal and I'm an addict.

The website is new.familysearch.org and it is a party.

I love you

As a good wife would do, I also got Andrew addicted last night. He found out that he has noble blood on his dad's side. Sir Henry Alexander Webb was given nobility by King Henry VIII in 1577, you will all now refer to me as Countess Krystal Webb.



 And we found out that he's related to William Shakespeare by marriage. Seriously though, how cool is this?!

On my side there are some pretty awesome things too...I'm related to Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain and Anne Hutchinson, a very prominent religious figure during the 1600's.

can't you just see the resemblence?

I love this, finding out where my family came from and who they are/who I am. If you haven't done it you can become addicted too. All the cool kids are doing it. It's free and so easy to sign up. The website pretty much does all the work for you. Here's what my family tree looks like as of right now, I still need to put my mom's dad's side of the family in.


 and it just keeps going and going and going, like a little engergizer bunny.
Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment